454 Tennent Road PO Box 5 Tennent, NJ 07763 732.446.9238
Earliest records of Old Tennent Cemetery show it as a church cemetery when in 1708 the Reverend John Boyd was buried in what is known as Old Scots Burying Ground in Wickatunk, New Jersey. The original one acre location is now on both the National and State Registers of Historic Sites. In 1731 the church moved five miles away and a new cemetery started at the present location in Tennent, New Jersey.
In 1910 Old Tennent Cemetery began to move away from being a church cemetery to become a community non-religious one. All are welcomed to its beautiful rolling hills and well kept grounds as a peaceful resting place. December 1, 1914 marked the establishment of a permanent Maintenance and Preservation Endowment Fund to provide for perpetual care of the cemetery forever. In 1972 the State of New Jersey issued a Certificate of Authority for the Cemetery to continue operating as a non-religious non-profit cemetery. The present 68 acres are easily accessible from State routes 33 and 9 and Monmouth County routes 3 and 522 (Freehold-Englishtown Road). Cemetery grounds are open to the public 24 hours every day.